Certified Green Project Manager — Basic
The Certified Green Project Manager – Basic (GPM-b™) is our fundamental, based on knowledge certification. It supports commitment to maximizing sustainability within the project lifecycle, improves the design and delivery of goods and services produced as project deliverables, and helps to introduce and manage the measurable standards for social and environmental impact.
The GBM-b™ certification is the best available credential that allows individuals to show their knowledge in delivering projects using sustainable methods.
Who can apply?
Anyone who shows interest in managing projects in a sustainable way.
As this certificate confirms the basic knowledge of sustainable project management, there are no preconditions that need to be met before the certification process.
Recognition of Prior Learning
We will grant Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for any of the following credentials (current or expired):
- AIPM certification, CPPM, CPSPM, or CPPD
- IPMA certification, Level A, B, C, or D
- PRINCE2® Practitioner
- PMI certification, PMP or PgMP
- Master’s Degree in Project or Program Management from an accredited college or university
- Master’s Degree in Sustainability or Sustainable Development, with a concentration in Project or Program Management, from an accredited college or university
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, with a concentration in Project or Program Management, from an accredited college or university
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, with a concentration in Project or Program Management, from an accredited college or university
- Other credentials with the advance, written approval of GPM’s Director of Certification
Project experience and knowledge of the concept of sustainability are highly recommended, but there are no mandatory experience requirements for GPM-b™.
GPM-b™ assessment is a multiple-choice exam, which focuses on two domains with scoring breakdowns for both, Sustainable Methods and Delivery Methods.
- If RPL is granted, the exam consists of 75 multiple choice questions to answer in 90 minutes. There are 60 questions on Sustainable Methods and 15 on Delivery Methods. Questions are based on ‘The GPM P5™ Standard for Sustainability in Project Management’ and ‘Sustainable Project Management: the GPM Reference Guide’.
- If RPL is not granted, the exam consists of 150 multiple-choice questions to answer in 180 minutes. There are 75 questions on Sustainable Methods and 75 on Delivery Methods. Questions are based on ‘The GPM P5™ Standard for Sustainability in Project Management’ and ‘Sustainable Project Management: the GPM Reference Guide’.
Multiple-choice questions in both exams have four (4) possible answers, and the minimum pass rate is set at 70%.
Both exams will also include situational questions to assess the decision-making process for sustainable project management practices.
The cost of taking the GPM-b ™ certification exam is USD 199 for participants of training organised by ATP and GPM Ambassadors and USD 299 for those who prepare for an exam individually.
The GPM Certification Board, the governing body for this credential, conforms to the ISO 17024 standard. For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org